Saturday, April 6, 2024

Closing in on the Goal: Week 13 Check-In

My initial goal for this weight-loss journey was to get under 150 pounds. I am within 2 pounds of that goal!

This week was something of an experiment in loosening up my restrictions, for a number of reasons. First of all, last Sunday was Easter, which meant a special dinner (including appetizers and a special dessert) shared with family, as well as the presence of candy. A LOT of candy. Chocolate bunnies. Pastel M&Ms. Robin eggs. Marshmallow Peeps. Jelly beans. More jelly beans. Yet more jelly beans. Temptations were all around! And I resisted. (Mostly.) Another thing that made it difficult was that I had two wisdom teeth removed and was on antibiotics, which meant needing to eat something in the morning and just before bed. It also meant some degree of mouth pain, especially while eating, with the recommended soft foods generally being high in fat and/or sugar, like pudding, jello, ice cream, mashed potatoes, yogurt, etc. We also went out for dinner last night and the soup of the day happened to be one of my favorites (ginger carrot), one that I don't get to have very often. I did limit myself to an especially small portion of my dinner, but it was still a larger dinner than I've been eating.  

The good news is that despite eating somewhat more than I had been, I continued to lose, albeit a little more slowly. It gives me confidence that I will be able to maintain my weight loss by continuing to keep an eye on my eating habits relative to what I see on the scale, and that I can find a comfortable balance between eating well and staying at a healthy weight. It also means that I am planning on continuing to lose a few more pounds past my initial goal, assuming that my body continues to cooperate. 


Quote for the Week:

Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out. 

-Robert Collier

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment