Monday, November 11, 2013

Photo A Day, Day 11: A Memory

Six years ago this weekend, my now-husband whisked me away to New York City for a weekend of good food, good theater, and good conversation. We even shopped for my engagement ring that weekend – at Tiffany’s!! (We didn’t buy it there, but it was fun to look.) We had hoped to see Phantom of the Opera, but due to a stagehands’ strike that closed pretty much every show on Broadway, we ended up seeing the Met’s absolutely spectacular production of The Magic Flute at Lincoln Center. We ate at Ellen’s Stardust Diner and Maxie’s Deli. We took in the city skyline from the Top of the Rock at Rockefeller Center. We had cocktails overlooking Times Square. We strolled through Central Park. We asked friendly strangers to take our picture.


Despite the brevity of our courtship (we met in September, got engaged on New Year’s Day, and were married in April), I have many wonderful memories of that special time. But that first trip together, the one that made me even more certain that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with this man – THAT is the most special memory of all.

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment