Thursday, January 23, 2014

The Best Things on a Cold Day

It’s cold. Really, REALLY cold. Like, booger-freezing cold.

But there are a lot of things that I really love on a cold day.

A mug of hot cocoa with a big scoop of marshmallow fluff melting into it, stirred with a candy cane.

A bowl of homemade chicken noodle soup.

Curling up on the couch with a snuggly warm blanket on my lap. Or a cat. Or a small child.

Dinner in front of a roaring fire.

A car with heated seats.

A microwavable beanbag heating pad slipped in between the sheets before bed.

Putting on clothes warm from the dryer.

A hot bubble bath. And a glass of wine.

Fuzzy pants.

Mittens knitted by my grandma. Or someone else’s grandma.

Putting my ice-cold feet on someone else’s toasty warm legs.

Electric blankets.

Thick wool socks.

Fuzzy slippers.

A nice thick rug next to the bed.

Sitting next to the radiator/heating duct/sunny window.

Sweaters with long enough arms that I can pull my hands in and high enough collars that I can tuck my chin (and even nose) inside.

Holding a mug of coffee/tea/hot cocoa up to my face and breathing in the warm steam.

Looking out the window at the snow and just being glad – VERY glad – that I’m inside where it’s warm!

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment