Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Welcome to My Happy Place

I looked out my window this morning and snow was falling. Again. STILL. I’m pretty sure that snow has fallen every single day for the past two weeks. I like snow, but I’m tired of it. I’m tired of shoveling it. I’m tired of driving through it. I’m tired of stepping over it. I’m tired of my trash can and recycling bin being buried under it. I’m tired of clearing it off my car. 

I’m going to my happy place. Want to join me?



The water park down the street is one of my happy places. When the weather is nice, we walk there (okay, usually we drive). Sometimes we meet some friends there. Sometimes we make new friends there. We all stretch our legs and breathe in the fresh air and bask in the sunshine. Where there is sun and water and small children, you can’t help but be happy.



Vacation is another of my happy places. Whether it’s camping in the woods with the whole family, taking in the sights of the Big Apple with my sweetheart, or even taking a day off to do something on my own away from the usual grind, a vacation rejuvenates me, refreshes me, and makes me happy.



Dressing up is my happy place. Whether it’s for a stage production, for a fancy evening on the town, or for a silly themed party, breaking out the hats and the nice dresses and the fabulous shoes and the good jewelry makes me happy. Especially when I’m on the arm of my equally well-dressed sweetheart.



 Visiting with family makes me happy. Whether it’s close family that we see often, or far-flung family whose visits are a special treat for their rarity, whether it’s family by blood or family by marriage, I love getting together with my family. My family is filled with funny, interesting, caring, wonderful people. They are not only my family, they are also my friends. My family, both immediate and extended, is my happy place.




And last, but certainly not least, my home is my happy place. I love my home because of what is in it, and because of who is in it. It’s is filled with memories and with love. It is where the story of my life up to now has led, and it is where my next chapter is beginning. How can that not be a happy place?


Bookmark and Share



No comments:

Post a Comment