Saturday, March 9, 2024

Another Plateau: Week 9 Check-In

This week has probably been the most frustrating week so far. I've been hovering around the 157 point something mark all week. I haven't really gained anything, but I haven't really lost anything either. 


But this is the benefit of having everything written down: I can go back and look at my eating habits for the week to determine if I've been falling off the wagon anywhere. And the good thing is that I haven't. Maybe a treat here and there, but generally balanced with giving something up another time. But the bad thing is that sometimes you can do everything right and your body just rebels and clings desperately to those unwanted pounds. 

I'm reminded of this meme: 

I come from a line of solidly built women. None of them were particularly overweight, they were just naturally plump. I was always more slightly built; I never thought about my weight because I'd always been able to eat what I wanted, exercise minimally, and still maintain a healthy - even slender - weight. So I figured I'd be one of the lucky ones who stayed slender with minimal effort even as I got older. Ha!  It became that much harder when I had children and hit menopause and the pounds didn't magically melt off any more. In fact, without changing my eating or exercise habits, the pounds crept on

But I know that persistence pays off, and that as long as I stick with my plan, the weight will continue to come off...eventually. And you know what? Even if it doesn't, I'm better off than I was. I look better, and more importantly, I feel better. 

A bad week is a bad week, not a bad month or a bad diet. So I'm going to try to shrug this one off. This week is a new week, tomorrow is a new day, and I'm still a new me - with better, healthier habits.

Quote for the week:
The road may be bumpy, but stay committed to the process. 


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment