Tuesday, October 25, 2011

30 Days of Thanksgiving: Day 2

1. Find a person/cause to be thankful for and thank them in person and/or in writing.

Today, I am thankful for my mother- and father-in-law. They have accepted, loved, and treated me like a daughter since they first met me. They have gone far and above the call of duty in not only babysitting whenever we ask, but in offering when we don’t, just to encourage Herb and I to have a date night, or to give me some free time to run errands, take a shower, or go out for coffee away from the kids. They’re also big supporters of Herb and me whenever we perform, and rarely miss a show or concert.

2. Find 3 things for which you are thankful to God and post them where you can see.

Today, I am thankful for my minivan, which is comfortable and reliable. I am thankful for Internet recipe sites that make last-minute meal planning easy. And I am thankful for warm, cozy clothing.

3. Keep a daily journal of your thanksgiving including situations where you are challenged to be thankful.

Parenting is always a thankfulness challenge for me. I struggled with thankfulness today as I was in a long line with two fussy children. I distracted Ryan by finding letters that he recognized in the signs around the store, and in practicing naming the colors of fabric and thread, so although it was frustrating, I was thankful for time to spend teaching him.

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment