Monday, October 31, 2011

30 Days of Thanksgiving: Day 8

Today, I am thankful for my friend Maryellen Kenney. M’el and I became friends about ten years ago, when we were in a performance of “42nd Street” together. The director wanted the authentic look of seamed stockings on the showgirls (of which I was one), but didn’t want the seams to get crooked with our many quick costume changes, so we had to draw the seams on with eyeliner. M’el volunteered to help me with mine, not realizing quite how far up the seams needed to go. You can’t not become friends after that kind of experience together.

In the past ten years, we’ve seen each other through the losses of parents and friends and friendships and boyfriends and jobs, and through life changes and health changes of every imaginable kind. We’ve laughed together, we’ve cried together, and we’ve called each other in the middle of the night to laugh or cry. I know I can call her any time, day or night, and talk to her about anything, and she knows the same about me.

Everyone needs a friend like that, and I am so thankful that Maryellen is one of mine!


And after this weekend’s crazy October snowstorm, three things that I am thankful for today are heat, electricity, and no damage to our property! I am sending out prayers for those who are not as fortunate.


Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

  1. I have to agree again..with all of that, Sandy.
    To have heat,(ahh) and fun of doing laundry LOL if we choose. We take electricity for granted..until we lose it! And yes.. friends like that are gems in our lives. So blessed to have them !

    ReplyDelete