Saturday, October 29, 2011

30 Days of Thanksgiving: Day 6

Today, I am thankful for my neighbor Roberta. She was already a good friend of the family when Herb and I got married, but she embraced and accepted me as soon as I came on the scene. As soon as we both discovered Facebook, we friended each other. In fact, Roberta also friended my mom on Facebook as soon as they met. I think that’s one of the reasons she and I click so well: she’s a kindred spirit to my mom.

Roberta has a beautiful, sunny outlook on life that never fails to boost my spirits. She is always posting cheerful, inspirational posters, quotes, and Bible verses. Even when she admits she’s having a rough day, her sweet spirit shines through with a positive outlook and assurance that things will get better.

She gave us lovely, thoughtful presents when each of my kids was born. She openly adores them and loves when we come over to visit. What better way to a mom’s heart is there?

She is a faithful reader of this blog and often comments on how much she enjoys reading it. That appreciation means a lot to me, and I don’t know that I’ve ever told her that. So Roberta, if you’re reading this (and I know you are!), thanks for your support! I’m thankful that you’re my neighbor, and I’m even more thankful that you’re also my friend.


The three things that I’m thankful for today are: the smell of the first fire in the fireplace of the season, the taste of a perfectly cooked steak right off the grill, and the sight of the first snowflakes of the year silently drifting past my window. I thank God for all the beauty in the world around!



Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

  1. Wow.. I was just coming over to read day 6 and you made MY day . Thank you Sandy...it means so much to me ..more then you would even know. I knew one day in my heart that you and I would be good friends one day. I knew it long before we even met.. it was in my heart. I used to read your First Married Blog and I think that is when I knew you were the kind of person..I would love to be friends with. and I am grateful for that too..and your blog ... come on... now ...that always makes me either laugh out loud, cry, or brings up some great memories of my kids when they were little. What a great surprise today.. I am honored and to be day 6 too. If I was day 29.. I would say..ah..shes running low on Thankful stuff.. LOL LOL...

    ReplyDelete