Friday, June 3, 2016

Photo a Day: Treat

Everyone has their own idea of what constitutes a “treat.” For some, it’s an ice cream sundae, or a bar of chocolate, or a piece of cake. For others, it’s a frothy high-end coffee or a fancy cocktail. For still others, it’s a massage or a mani-pedi or a cut and color at a nice salon. And I enjoy most of those as an occasional treat. But my favorite quick treat, hands down, is a bubble bath.


There’s nothing more relaxing than closing myself in the bathroom – away from children asking me to help find their shoes or put on their favorite TV show or stop their brother from poking them in the eye; away from husband wondering what’s for dinner or asking if I’ve seen his keys; away from ringing phones and pinging email alerts and electronic appointment reminders; away from the laundry that needs to be sorted and the dishes that need to be washed and the fish that need to be fed - immersing myself in a steamy hot tub full of scented bubbles, sipping on a glass of wine, listening to soft classical music, and reading a favorite book as I escape from the world for an hour (or two).

My husband knows this – and encourages it. Any time he can see that I’ve had a rough day, he’ll suggest that I go soak in the tub while he takes care of the kids. He also takes it upon himself to be sure that my stash of “bath goodies” is always well stocked. Every Christmas he and the kids make a pilgrimage to the Lush store and Bath and Body Works to choose a selection of bath bombs, scented bubble bath, fancy soaps, and other kinds of scented and soothing bath products for me.

So any time I need a treat, everything I need is right there waiting for me.


Treat.

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment