Sunday, January 8, 2017

Photo a Day: A Wall

Several years ago, my sister-in-law gave me this wall hanging:


I had just begun writing very seriously - in fact, I think this was right around the time I started writing my monthly column for the Nashua Telegraph (my first actual paid writing gig). It was particularly appropriate because most of my writing is based on things that happen with my family: funny things my kids say or do, interactions between my husband and myself, my reactions to life as a stay-at-home mom. Home was - and is - literally, where my stories began.

I hung this on the wall behind my computer, so whenever I sit down to write, that reminder is right there. Reminding me of what motivates me to write. What I love to write about. Why I care so much about writing.

Home is, indeed, where my story begins. And I have something to remind me of that fact: a wall.


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment