Friday, February 5, 2021

Photo a Day: My Happy Place

Anyone who reads my blog or my Facebook page with any kind of regularity is aware that I moved to a new house this past summer. We're in a much more rural location, and since our property includes a large section of woods, we get loads of wildlife and especially birds visiting our yard. 

There are many features about our new house that I LOVE, but one of my most favorite is that there are huge windows everywhere, so the rooms are beautifully sunlit. And my favorite windows are a trio of arched windows in the family room that look out past my birdfeeders and into the woods in the back yard. I have spent hundreds, perhaps thousands of hours in that room watching the birds (and the deer, and the opossums, and the groundhogs, and the chipmunks, and the squirrels). I fold laundry there, I cut out patterns there, I work on my laptop there, I plan den meetings and write Sunday School lessons there, I listen to music there, I enjoy cocktails with my husband there. It is truly My Happy Place. 


Much like spending time with my cats, spending time with "my" birds brings both laughter and serenity. The blue jays' silly antics, the squabbling of the juncos, and the robins' territorial displays all make me laugh, and the cooing mourning doves, the lovely markings of the flicker, the shyness of the woodpeckers, and the sweetness of the fledglings all bring me peace.  

My Happy Place.

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment