Sunday, February 21, 2021

Photo a Day: Catchup

I had the best of intentions of keeping up with daily Photo a Day posts this month. But obviously, that didn't happen. I got in a few, then I fell completely off the bandwagon. But I'm trying to climb back on with a single photo that covers a multitude of missed topics.


These items are some sewing supplies that I inherited from my grandmother, who passed away a few months ago. We shared a love for sewing, although she was more of a knitter than a seamstress. The wood surface is a lovely Ethan Allen sewing table that she passed down to me decades ago, when I was in college. But the pincushion and button jar are more recent acquisitions.

When I look at these items, I am reminded of my grandmother. She was a SWEET (day 20), elegant, feisty lady with a gentle grace and a sharp wit. She was overflowing with LOVE (day 10) and KINDNESS (day 11) for others. When I look at this old-fashioned RED (day 13) pincushion, it reminds me of her huge HEART (day 14). It may be SOMETHING NEW (day 16) in my home, it is also SOMETHING OLD (day 19) that is full of wonderful family memories. It is a FAVORITE PHOTO (day 17), not because it is perfectly composed or lit or because the subject is especially beautiful, but because of all the happy thoughts it evokes in my mind. It is, indeed, A VIEW I LOVE (day 18). And above all else, THIS MADE ME SMILE (day 21).

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment