Sunday, November 20, 2011

30 Days of Thanksgiving: Day 28

Today I am thankful for all the volunteers who staff the nursery at my church. I can’t imagine what it would be like to try and force Ryan to sit through a church service without being a huge distraction to me, to the pastor, and to the entire congregation. And today, when I participated in the service, I had the option of leaving Katie there, as well. Since there isn’t a large number of families with nursery-aged children, it would be difficult if only the parents staffed the nursery – with children there from only 2 or 3 families each week, parents would be missing the church service to work in the nursery every other week!

So I am thankful for Hyapin, who stays in the nursery every week, since she attends a church service in the evening. I am thankful for Heather, who coordinates the volunteers and steps in on a regular basis when another body is needed. I am thankful for all the moms and dads who take turns serving. And I am thankful for my own opportunity to volunteer, to get to know all the beautiful and delightful children in our congregation who will grow up to be the next generation to serve the church.


Three things I am thankful for today are scented bubble bath, Veggie Tales kids’ videos, and my new heated lap blanket. All three of them bring me peace and relaxation!

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment